I remember how absolutely crazy it felt planning a wedding…constant to-do lists, appointments and making decisions. I mean don’t get me wrong – it was a ton of fun! But it was also very stressful.
See, Dylan and I got engaged in April 2010 and had planned on getting married April 2011. We were also graduating college in May 2011. So I booked all the big stuff: Caterer, photographer, venue, florist, etc. within a few months of getting engaged and then decided I would finish all the details during winter break so the months leading up to the wedding I could focus on graduating and enjoy my last few months of our engagement.
Fast forward to February 2011…I was literally stuffing my wedding invitations when I received a message that our wedding venue had gone bankrupt. I was in a bit of a haze for the initial few days before I bumped it into high gear to find a place. We ended up getting married in a small, very pretty chapel – nothing like the outdoor bed and breakfast/barn I had originally planned for. A lot of unplanned stress and worry led up to that beautiful, perfect day!
As a result of our planning situation, I am always trying to find ways to simplify the planning process for our brides because we know how stressful it can be! I use all of these products in my day-to-day tasks and LOVE them! They keep me organized and my mind at ease during the busy wedding season!
- The Erin Condren Life Planner – I started using this planner a few years ago. Wow! It has everything you need to plan a wedding or just to get through your everyday to-do list. I usually purchase the vertical layout which is great for block scheduling and setting goals. I think I’m going to try the hourly layout for next year which should help in organizing appointments. Erin Condren also offers a ton of accessories such as these stickers and bookmarks to make your life a little bit easier!
- Essie Gold Gilding – Essie has been my go-to polish for quite a while and I almost exclusively wear it since they came out with their Gel Couture line. I got the Gold Gilding polish last week and I can already tell it’s going to be one of my favorites this holiday season! Use the couture polish with Essie’s gel setter top coat and you won’t need to repaint your nails for at least a week or two! P.S. They even have this super cute bridal collection!
- Pentel Energel Pen – You know when you find a pen and you just know there’s not going back to anything else? This pen is it for me! The pen functions on a rollerball and writes with gel ink. It dries super quickly which is a huge plus because I cannot stand smudges. It also comes in a ton of cute colors! I actually asked for these last year for Christmas and will probably be doing the same this year.
- NOW Lavender Oil – I know a lot of people have their own opinions about essential oils and which brand is more pure than others. To be honest, I don’t have time to do a ton of research of which brands of oils are best. But what I can tell you is that I bought this oil two years ago as my first essential oil and was surprised how much I liked it! When I’m super stressed about life I will relax by pouring epsom salt and a few drops of lavender oil in a bath and soak while watching some Netflix – the true meaning of Netflix and chill!
- Victoria’s Secret Pink Perfume – I remember reading somewhere that you should pick out a scent for your wedding and have that perfume be your “signature scent.” I’m not a huge perfume fan but I love this scent! I’ve wore this perfume/body spray for quite a while. Sometimes when Dylan sees me putting it on or smells it he will mention how it reminds him of our wedding day…Dyl is quite a catch, ladies!
I hope this post makes your wedding planning a little bit easier this holiday season!